It’s a new year, and here at The Search for Piety and Obedience, we’re gearing up for a great 2012. That’s why we’re rolling out yet another membership drive. (Regular readers will remember that we occasionally run such drives as a way to get new readers on board. We borrowed the idea from John Fea.) Public radio can have membership drives. Why can’t blogs?
Here are some ways that you can get involved at The Search for Piety and Obedience:
- Sign up for an e-mail subscription. In order to get regular e-mail updates about new posts to The Search for Piety and Obedience, enter your e-mail address in the box on the right-hand side of the page and click “Subscribe.”
- Join our Facebook fan page. There’s a link to it on the right-hand side of the page.
- Invite others. E-mail our URL to friends and family who have an interest in Brethren in Christ history. Post the link to our Facebook fan page as your Facebook status. If you have a blog, blog about us. If you have a Twitter account, tweet about us. We’d be grateful for whatever you can do to inform new readers that we exist!
- Submit a photo for our Photo Friday series. Regular readers may have noticed that our once-weekly Photo Friday series has been a bit slim as of late. That’s because we’re running out of historic photographs! If you have an image or two that you think is worth sharing with the group, send it to me (along with some accompanying info) at devinDOTcDOTthomasATgmailDOTcom. (Replace the DOTs and ATs with the appropriate symbols, please.)
- Write about your three favorite Brethren in Christ books. Our Three BIC Books series has also fallen by the wayside as of late. So far, two readers — Harriet Bicksler and Tom Grosh — have shared their favorite books about Brethren in Christ history, theology, and lifestyle. We want to know yours! Contact me for more info.
- Write a guest post. Do you have a Brethren in Christ topic — history, theology, or the like — that you want to explore? Contact me and we’ll get your thoughts up on the blog.
Let’s have a great 2012!